The Moosehead Historical Society, whose campus is located at the foot of Moosehead Lake in Greenville, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and communication of the fascinating and colorful history of the Moosehead Lake region.
A museum and summer series of “Living History” presentations offer opportunities to experience and enjoy the rich local and regional heritage.
Selected Moosehead Historical Society images:
- Mount Kineo from North Bay, ca. 1889
- Atlas Plywood Corporation, Greenville, ca. 1950
- Sanders Store, Greenville
- Louis Oakes, Greenville, ca. 1921
- Canadian Pacific station, Greenville Junction, ca. 1900
- Camping list, D. T. Sanders & Son Co., Greenville
- View From Indian Hill, Greenville, 1897
- Yellow birch logs, Atlas Plywood Co., Greenville, ca. 1955
- Steamer Katahdin on Moosehead Lake, Maine